Dr. Anthony C. Koh
Professor of Marketing & International Business Emeritus
Department of Marketing and International Business
CollegeofBusinessand Innovation (Office: ST 3028)
Phone: (419) 530-4261/Fax: (419) 530-4610
Office Hours at ZUFE, Hang Zhou, P.R. China: (To be announced)
This course is an introduction and overview to the various functional areas in business, the critical role business plays in the economy, the impact of globalization and technology and the performance of business functions. The basics of business terminology and how these terms are used to run a business will be discussed and applied. How to begin to run and organize a business is a critical element of the course. The practical application of the topics contained here is a large portion of the course.
After completing Introduction to Business you should be able to:
1. Identify, understand and use basic business terminology.
2. Understand the role and importance of the functional areas of business and how these functional impact the management and performance of a business.
3. Make your own business decisions through the analyzing case studies and the development of a Personal Business Plan.
4. Develop and improve your oral and written communication skills in terms of professional business communications.
1.Exploring Business 2.0by Karen Collins
2. A daily business-related newspaper, like theWall Street Journal